Young Artist Competition
The purpose of the Evansville Philharmonic Orchestra’s Young Artist Competition is to promote, encourage, and nurture the musical talents of Tri-State youth through performance opportunities.
- Participants must be currently enrolled in grades 6 - 12 in public, parochial, private, or home school. Age exceptions may be made at the discretion of the artistic staff.
- Participants must reside within a 125-mile radius of Evansville, IN as of January 28, 2018.
- Participants must currently study with a private instructor, and all applications must be signed by the instructor.
- The competition is open to all instrument divisions (woodwind, brass, percussion, string, harp, and piano).
- Past Grand Prize winners are not eligible to compete the following year. They are eligible to compete after one competition year has passed, providing all other eligibility requirements are met.
Grand Prize $1,000 cash award plus a solo appearance* with the Evansville Philharmonic Orchestra
Conductor’s Award $600 cash award
Orchestra Award $300 cash award
* Grand Prize winner must be available to rehearse with the orchestra. Artist and repertoire is subject to the approval of the music director.