REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN FOR THE 2019 PROGRAM “FROM THE EARTH TO THE MOON AND BEYOND”
Registration, as always, is entirely free for any school wishing to participate. Don’t miss this opportunity for your students to see a live professional symphony orchestra in concert!
2019 CONCERT DATES
March 14, 2019 9:00 am & 10:45 am
March 15, 2019 9:00 am & 10:45 am
“From the Earth to the Moon and Beyond”
Blast off to space with the Evansville Philharmonic as we celebrate the 50th Anniversary of the moon landing! Composer James Beckel has written a special piece just for this occasion, and it will be performed along with other “interstellar” works in this space-themed concert!
The program will include special videos from NASA projected above the stage as well as a special performance from the winner of our 2018 Young Artist Competition, bassoonist Katie Mills.
SPECIAL POST-CONCERT INTERACTIVE SCIENCE ACTIVITY WITH THE DA VINCI INSTITUTE
Each day after our 9:00 am performance, a select number of students will have the opportunity to participate in a special interactive science activity sponsored by the Da Vinci Institute. Students will spend 90 minutes rotating through a series of interactive games and demonstrations designed around the theme for this year’s concert. Get answers to questions such as “What would music sound like on different planets?” and “How are sound waves and emotion connected?”Space is extremely limited and filled on a first-come, first-serve basis. If you are interested in participating, please make sure to submit your reservation ASAP.
For more information contact Brian Onderdonk, Director of Education at (812) 425-5050 ext. 316
Helen M. McKinney Young People’s Concerts made possible by the generosity of:
- City of Evansville,
- Evansville Philharmonic Guild,
- Gibson County Community Foundation,
- Helen M. McKinney Charitable Trust,
- Pike County Community Foundation,
- Perry County Community Foundation,
- Warrick Community Foundation,
- West Side Nut Club, and
- The Mesker Music Trust, Fifth Third Bank, Trustee
HOW TO REGISTER
- See below for reservation form
- Complete one reservation form per school
- Include the number of students and adults attending each concert
- Upon processing your reservation form, confirmation will be sent to your school along with information about the Young People’s Concert preparation materials