2020 PROGRAM “BEETHOVEN AT THE BAT”
Registration, as always, is entirely free for any school wishing to participate. Don’t miss this opportunity for your students to see a live professional symphony orchestra in concert!
2020 CONCERT DATES
March 12, 2020 9:00 am & 10:45 am
March 13, 2020 9:00 am & 10:45 am
“Beethoven At The Bat”
Join the Evansville Philharmonic for an ALL NEW Young People’s Concert program as we celebrate the 250th birthday of Ludwig van Beethoven in style! This is Beethoven as you’ve never heard before, and the program will feature fight songs, the Olympic Fanfare, and music from classic sports movies.
The program will conclude with PDQ Bach’s hilariously funny “New Horizons in Music Appreciation”, in which Beethoven’s iconic Symphony No. 5 will be played alongside a live sports commentator providing a “play-by-play” of the music that is sure to be educational with plenty of laughs along the way!
Also featured on the program will be the winner of the 2019 Young Artist Competition, flautist Allyson Donnelly performing a concerto by C.P.E. Bach.
**Please note the Da Vinci Institute will not be offering the post-concert enrichment opportunity this year. We hope for its return in 2021 – keep checking this page for future information**
For more information contact (812) 425-5050the Director of Education, Chaz Ritenour, at (812) 425-5050 ext. 316 or via email at [email protected].
Helen M. McKinney Young People’s Concerts made possible by the generosity of:
- City of Evansville,
- Evansville Philharmonic Guild,
- Gibson County Community Foundation,
- Helen M. McKinney Charitable Trust,
- Pike County Community Foundation,
- Perry County Community Foundation,
- Warrick Community Foundation,
- West Side Nut Club, and
- The Mesker Music Trust, Fifth Third Bank, Trustee
HOW TO REGISTER
- See below for reservation form
- Complete one reservation form per school
- Include the number of students and adults attending each concert
- Upon processing your reservation form, confirmation will be sent to your school along with information about the Young People’s Concert preparation materials