The Evansville Philharmonic Orchestra's Young Artist Competition provides music students in the Tri-State area the opportunity to compete for cash awards in front of a panel of judges on the stage of the historic Victory Theatre.
Additional changes to our rules from past years are as follows:
- The music you perform must be solo with orchestra accompaniment. If you are unsure if your selection qualifies, please contact the EPO Director of Education at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sunday, January 29th, 2023 - 2:00 PM
Victory Theatre, 600 Main St., Evansville, IN
Grand Prize: $2,000 cash award
Conductor's Award: $1,000 cash award
Orchestra Award: $750 cash award
Decisions of the judges will be announced at the end of the Competition and all decisions are final.
Only advanced students should apply. Application does not guarantee acceptance into the competition.
Participants must be currently enrolled in grades 6-12 in public, parochial, private, or home school. Age exceptions may be made at the discretion of the artistic staff.
Participants must reside within a 125-mile radius of Evansville, IN as of January 29th, 2023.
Participants must currently study with a private instructor. Evansville Philharmonic Staff may contact the instructor to confirm their approval of student's application.
The competition is open to all instrument divisions (woodwind, brass, percussion, string, harp, and piano).
Participants must perform one movement of any concerto from memory. Cuts will be permitted, and performance time must not exceed eight minutes. Three copies of the music must be provided for the judges. Photocopies are acceptable.
Questions? Please contact the Director of Education, Chaz Ritenour, at (812) 425-5050 ext. 316 or via email at Education@evansvillephilharmonic.org.
- Application form below must be submitted no later than January 15th, 2023
- There is a $25 application fee that must be paid the day of the competition
- Participants must appear at the competition at their own expense.
- Participants must provide their own accompanist for the competition.
- Requests for specific audition times will be considered, but not guaranteed.
- Failure to appear at the assigned performance time will result in dismissal from the competition
- Winners will be selected by the judges. The decision of the judges is final and non-contestable.
- The competition reserves the right to withhold any award if, in the opinion of the judges, no participant qualifies.
- The competition is open to the public. There is no fee for audience members.