August Auditions Now Open for Evansville Philharmonic Youth Orchestra’s 2019-2020 Season. Apply Now!
It is our pleasure to announce all instruments/all chairs are still open for EPYO and EPYO II for the 2019-2020 season! If you are a middle or high school level instrumentalist who would like the opportunity to perform with a full symphony orchestra on the stage of the Victory Theatre, then please apply below. All applicants are welcome!
- Auditions will be held on the following dates at Trinity United Methodist Church. Please select a link below to sign up for an audition time. You will be taken to a separate Signup Genius page to select an available audition slot.
- Please make sure to keep this page open and fill out the form below. An audition application is not considered complete until both the form below is submitted AND an audition day/time has been selected!
- An audition application fee of $15 is due for new members only. Either cash or check made out to the Evansville Philharmonic Orchestra is acceptable. Please have this ready when you arrive for your audition time.
If you have any questions, please contact Brian Onderdonk, Director of Education and EPYO Conductor at 812-425-5050 x316 or via email at [email protected] .
About Evansville Philharmonic Youth Orchestras
The Evansville Philharmonic Youth Orchestras (EPYO and EPYO II) have provided outstanding educational and performing opportunities to students who demonstrate the musicianship necessary to perform in a pre-professional orchestra setting.
There are two groups; a high school orchestra (EPYO) with members in grades 9-12, and a junior high orchestra (EPYO II), with members in grades 6-9. Both have been performing since 1993.
The goals of the Evansville Philharmonic Youth Orchestras are:
- To provide opportunities for public and private school students in the Tri-State area to play orchestral music.
- To educate students to pursue high standards in the performance of this music, and to cultivate young talent, that these students may be enriched as both performers and listeners.
- To assist, stimulate and encourage community outreach, sparking interest in orchestral music throughout the Tri-State area and beyond.
Contact the Director of Education for more information at (812) 425 – 5050 ext. 316.
Evansville Philharmonic Youth Orchestra Sponsors: City of Evansville and Toyota of Indiana