Auditions Now Open for Evansville Philharmonic Youth Orchestra’s 2020-2021 Season. Apply Now!
August Auditions are now open
It is our pleasure to announce all instruments/all chairs are open for EPYO and EPYO II for the 2020-2021 season! If you are a middle or high school level instrumentalist who would like the opportunity to perform with a full symphony orchestra on the stage of the Victory Theatre, then please apply below. All applicants are welcome!
- Auditions will be held virtually via the Zoom platform on August 25 and August 26 from 4:30 to 9:00 both days. Please select your desired date and time range from the dropdown below. A Zoom meeting time and instructions for loading and using the Zoom app will be emailed to you a week before your audition. All effort will be made to schedule a time that matches your desired range, however exact availability may not be possible. If you cannot make your assigned time, please contact [email protected] to discuss rescheduling.
- There is a $15 audition fee for new members only. Payment of this fee may be completed upon acceptance once EPYO reconvenes in the Fall. This amount will be charged separately from any tuition due once the program begins.
If you have any questions, please contact Brian Onderdonk, Director of Education and EPYO Conductor at 812-425-5050 x316 or via email at [email protected] .
- At least 1 major and 1 melodic minor scale in the highest octave range you are reasonably capable. For EPYO I violins/violas, please make it 3 octaves.
- Any solo piece of your choosing, approximately 3-5 minutes long, preferably one that demonstrates variety of style and dynamic contrast. In other words, a piece that showcases your very best playing!
RETURNING STRINGS: All returning strings are required to play one audition prior to the start of the semester. This audition will be used to determine preliminary seating for the start of the semester.
Tuesday, August 25, 2020 – 4:30pm to 9:00pm
Wednesday, August 26, 2020 – 4:30pm to 9:00pm
Apply online using the form below.
About Evansville Philharmonic Youth Orchestras
The Evansville Philharmonic Youth Orchestras (EPYO and EPYO II) have provided outstanding educational and performing opportunities to students who demonstrate the musicianship necessary to perform in a pre-professional orchestra setting.
There are two groups; a high school orchestra (EPYO) with members in grades 9-12, and a junior high orchestra (EPYO II), with members in grades 6-9. Both have been performing since 1993.
The goals of the Evansville Philharmonic Youth Orchestras are:
- To provide opportunities for public and private school students in the Tri-State area to play orchestral music.
- To educate students to pursue high standards in the performance of this music, and to cultivate young talent, that these students may be enriched as both performers and listeners.
- To assist, stimulate and encourage community outreach, sparking interest in orchestral music throughout the Tri-State area and beyond.
Contact the Director of Education for more information at (812) 425 – 5050 ext. 316.
Evansville Philharmonic Youth Orchestra Sponsors: City of Evansville and Toyota of Indiana