Auditions for Evansville Philharmonic Youth Orchestra’s 2021-2022 Season Will Be Announced Soon.
It is our pleasure to announce all instruments/all chairs are open for EPYO and EPYO II for the 2021-2022 season! If you are a middle or high school level instrumentalist who would like the opportunity to perform with a full symphony orchestra on the stage of the Victory Theatre, then please check back for audition information.
- At least 1 major and 1 melodic minor scale in the highest octave range you are reasonably capable. For EPYO I violins/violas, please make it 3 octaves.
- Any solo piece of your choosing, approximately 3-5 minutes long, preferably one that demonstrates variety of style and dynamic contrast. In other words, a piece that showcases your very best playing!
RETURNING STRINGS: All returning strings are required to play one audition prior to the start of the semester. This audition will be used to determine preliminary seating for the start of the semester.
About Evansville Philharmonic Youth Orchestras
The Evansville Philharmonic Youth Orchestras (EPYO and EPYO II) have provided outstanding educational and performing opportunities to students who demonstrate the musicianship necessary to perform in a pre-professional orchestra setting.
There are two groups; a high school orchestra (EPYO) with members in grades 9-12, and a junior high orchestra (EPYO II), with members in grades 6-9. Both have been performing since 1993.
The goals of the Evansville Philharmonic Youth Orchestras are:
- To provide opportunities for public and private school students in the Tri-State area to play orchestral music.
- To educate students to pursue high standards in the performance of this music, and to cultivate young talent, that these students may be enriched as both performers and listeners.
- To assist, stimulate and encourage community outreach, sparking interest in orchestral music throughout the Tri-State area and beyond.
Contact the EPYO Conductor for more information at (617)-347-8939.
Evansville Philharmonic Youth Orchestra Sponsors: City of Evansville and Toyota of Indiana